Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Practice

I've been sick all of this week, so my practice is at a standstill. I have a post nasal drip, a runny nose, and a cough. Just sitting and reading is a bother. I really want to practice my headstand, but putting any more pressure on my head right now seems like a bad idea.

Thankfully, all is not lost. Since the Baddha Konasana Challenge started last week, I have been taking five minutes everyday to practice the pose, as suggested by Dr. Schultz. I am extremely close to reaching that goal, as predicted by Dr. Schultz. I need to pick a new pose for the week...hmm...

Lately, I've been worrying a lot about my future, group projects, final papers, the fact that finals are in less than a month...all that to say, I've been carrying a lot of tension in my neck and upper body, so I have been doing big toe pose a lot (and it's variation with the hands under the feet).

I would really like to get in the habit of doing yoga for a little bit every day as a restorative practice. Since starting college, I have gotten into the habit of taking a daily nap for 30 minutes every day. A friend recently challenged me to spend two of those 30 minutes sessions on other things that bring me joy. The first things I thought of were things that I think I should do, like craft and blog, but yoga slipped past me. I'm definitely going to give my sick self some nap time soon, but after that, I'm gonna get my yoga on...even if it's just practicing Baddha Konasana.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you feel sick. I hope that you feel better soon. That's cool that you're doing Baddha Konasana every day. You were already pretty close to putting your head on the ground. You should be able to do that in no time. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good goal! I am wanting to do the same thing - practice at least some stretch poses if not others as well. Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya headstand probably isn't the greatest idea haha, but I commend your practicing on your own!! I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, you've inspired me. I need to pick a pose and do it every day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're feeling better! And that's really awesome that you are doing a pose everyday. Taking a 30 minute nap everyday is probably the best habit, but yoga would be a great daily habit too.

    ReplyDelete