Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Practice

I really enjoyed class on Tuesday. I love that our class, as a collective, knows enough now to suggest poses and we can have fun with it. Although, I woke up with a really sore lower back today. I'm not sure if that's from the poses we did or what...I ran on Tuesday for the first time in awhile. Perhaps it was a combination of the two of those. Nevertheless, I've done some twists and standing forward bends. Those have helped alleviate some of the tension. I think the biggest relief will come from laying down. It's been a long day; this is a big week what with papers and projects wrapping up before Thanksgiving.

My hips are also really tight. This is a constant problem. I should just sit in Baddha Konasana all the time...Alright, now I'm actually sitting in the pose, and I do feel better :)

With regards to my pose challenge, I opened up Light on Yoga randomly and found Vrksasana One (tree pose)! This is ironic because this was the pose I chose on Tuesday, haha.

I'm really excited to go home for Thanksgiving, especially because I get to see my cat. In case you start judging me for being a crazy cat lady, I've had my cat since I was 11. He's my best furry friend. I wish I could teach him yoga. He'd be so good at it, haha. When he yawns, he extends his arms forward and moves back on his haunches. I guess you could call that child pose.

This is all over the place. Sorry, I have a hard time talking about one thing for an extended period of time. I found something cool and noteworthy in the appendix of LOY: there are week long asana courses, guided bits on pranyama, and asanas for various ailments! Neat stuff :) Sadly nothing on teleportation or mind reading, Dr. Schultz.

2 comments:

  1. I think its really cool that we can suggest poses now too. It makes me want to practice them more so I can remember them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please try to teach your cat yoga! Haha! My mom has this goofy calendar with pictures of dogs in different yoga poses. They are obviously doctored photos, but they are funny. Imagine a golden retriever in tree pose!

    ReplyDelete