Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Practice Practice

Wah wah. I woke up with a lot of stiffness on the right side of my neck. I was gonna go do some cardio, but I thought better of it. I figured running, thinking about not hurting my neck further would just exacerbate the problem, whereas yoga might alleviate it!

I dropped to the mat found a video from Tara Stiles on relieving neck tension. I did it, and I felt mildly better. Then I thought, I have 3 big papers due on top of finals, maybe this is stress tension. So I did a stress relieving sequence. It didn't relieve the tension in my neck, but it did make me feel better overall :) This might just be one of those days that I have to suck it up and wait for it to get better. Meh. I did a lot of hanging poses like standing forward bend, dropping my head so it could hang. Nuttin like muttin.

On a brighter note, I practiced headstand yesterday and I hardly had to do any leg pumping to get myself up. That was a confidence booster. I was listening to some music, so I told myself I'd stay up for the length of the song. I had a blanket under my head as a cushion, I took deep breaths, but I didn't feel comfortable enough to stay up for 3:05, so I came down just under 3 minutes. Some progress is progress, though. Besides, I'm not trying to hold a world record for longest wall-headstand, haha.

Today is our last practice together! :( *cue "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" by Green Day*

 <totally forgot about teaching my cat yoga, but he looks a lot like this, so...close enough?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the 3 minute headstand! that's awesome! Don't be discouraged by that! Think about how at the beginning of the semester you couldn't do one at all. Now you can for 3 minutes! That's improvement! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, 3 minutes is amazing! Well done Tyler! You'll be doing 5 minutes in no time.
    And that may be the cutest yoga cat.

    ReplyDelete